Sunday, July 15, 2012

CSI: New Jersey






Looks like a pretty bad crime scene, doesn't it? And from my bedroom! Call in Dexter to do the blood splatter analysis on this one.

Actually I was overtired the other night, but thought I should fix up my toenails in anticipation of a visit to the beach. I must have loosened the cap on the polish, then turned to do something else. When I swooped the bottle up,  I got a nice spray on myself, the rug, the bed skirt and sheet. I hurried into the bathroom and returned with nail polish remover, half expecting to see a Dexter-like web of red strings tracing the origin and pattern of the spill. But Dexter wasn't there; only in my imagination and I vowed not to watch any more episodes.

I had started season one on Netflix and got through two and a half episodes on the recommendation of my son, who wanted me to catch up on all four seasons, so we could watch season five together. Too much blood for me and now I have a constant reminder. Here's the real crime scene mystery: anyone have a suggestion for removing dark scarlet nail polish from a light blue rug?

No comments:

Post a Comment