Sunday, February 27, 2011

Never too old to head bang

Last night I checked another item off my bucket list and, until I met my new son-in-law, would never have had it on my list at all. The item: attend Heavy Metal Band Concert.  Perhaps "attend" is the wrong word--too sedate when you consider that the sound blasts your eardrums (thank goodness for earplugs), vibrates your sternum and "melts your face." That last cool quote from Dave himself. 


It was a lot of fun, kind of like Halloween. We picked out our outfits to 'blend in" with the crowd, but were a bit shy on tatoos, piercings and accessory chains and at least 30 years too old.  Next time we'll know better.  Here we are -- oh so heavy.
Right on!
Sporting Deathalizer tees
Smoke machine added the hazy look
                                            




Bonus between bands: go-go girls!




Deathalizer, the band

Heart doctor by day--death doctor by night
Quotes:


Me to Emmanuel, the lead singer: Don't worry about us. You can drop as many F*bombs as you need to... (and he needed to drop a lot) 


Me to Gary: This is the kind of venue you read about in the newspaper ..you know...there's a fire and everyone gets crushed rushing to the narrow stairway.


Me to Scott at 2 AM: I can't believe all the people on the street---look  at these crowds--it's crazy.
Scott:  Hey, Dorothy, are you from Kansas? This is called city nightlife. 


Gary to me: I can't remember when the last time we stayed out until 3 AM.
Me: maybe never?

No comments:

Post a Comment