Monday, November 14, 2011

It can't be November already

Wow! another fast week with a two day breast cancer advocacy meeting in New York City and a weekend trip to Long Island.(Yes, it was 10 degrees of separation!)

I also spent a lot of time working on the MBCN website, preparing to insert the videos of the speakers from our October 29 conference. Here's a sneak peak of me telling my story and introducing the first general session, Ask the Experts.  


http://mbcn.org/special-events/category/video-presentations/P0/  
(scroll down to bottom of page and click on my talk) 


Former Ridgewood Toastmasters: please note that your speech evaluations should not exceed 1 minute and should take the familiar form of a praise sandwich: Positive-negative-positive. You might start off with: "I liked Ginny's professional plaid jacket"; followed by I counted 9 ums and thought she looked down too much and ending with "she seemed to be enjoying herself!"  (I'm sure you all remember the drill from our RTM days.)

Keeping it short this week. Enjoy the last of the leaves--our Japanese maple has finally turned its glorious shade of red.


The same little tree 24 years ago:

A Lawrence Taylor Giants Fan with his little brother
How cute were they?!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Ginny, I used to be in Toastmasters some years ago and I thought some of those same things while I was speaking! Also that my high school English teacher would deduct points for reading (vs memorizing) my speech....

    Well I would give you full marks and send you on to the District Contest!

    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete